Ohh yes. That does say “bacon” and “salad” in the same title. Could anything be more perfect?? Only when it is topped with this amazing, sweet/spicy dressing. Get ready to roll your eyes in pleasure. Here is what you need:
For the salad:
For the dressing:
100% Maple syrup
Alrighty, let’s get crackin. This salad is perfect anytime because it comes together so quickly. But I am especially loving it this winter when I just need some color, people!! First, go ahead and get the dressing made. Combine the maple syrup, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan. Add in the garlic as well.
Bring it to a nice boil over medium heat. You want this to cook down and get nice and thick. About 5 minutes. Add in the cayenne. Pour into heatproof container. You can either let it cool slightly and serve or put it in the fridge to cool down completely.
Rinse and tear up the spinach if needed. Wash, core, and slice the strawberries. Combine the spinach, strawberries, and bacon in a large bowl. Arrange to make it look pretty 🙂 NOTE: These ingredients can be prepped ahead of time and stored separately in the fridge. Then before serving, simply toss together and top with the terrific
turkey – just kidding, dressing. I was trying to think of another “t” word and got carried away. Sorry. Alliteration got the best of me.
This dressing is also divine over veggies, chicken, steak, or pork, in your morning cereal, or stir it into your coffee. Ok, maybe not. But try it with the meat and veggies. Hello easy dinners!!Or switch up the salad and add in some raspberries, some grilled/fried red onions would be divine too!
- For the salad:
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 lb. bacon, fried and diced or crumbled
- 2 cups strawberries, washed and sliced (adjust to taste)
- For the dressing:
- ¼ c. olive oil
- ½ c. real maple syrup
- ¼ c. balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ t. cayenne pepper
- Combine salad ingredients. Mix gently (Note: they can be prepped ahead of time and stored separately in the fridge until ready to serve. Then just toss them together)
- Pour olive oil into saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic.
- When the garlic sizzles, add maple syrup and balsamic vinegar.
- Bring to a boil and cook until it reduces by about half, about 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add cayenne pepper and stir.
- Cool slightly and drizzle over salad, or pour into heat proof container and store in fridge.
- Note: once cooled, the dressing will separate, so give it a stir before using it.